Terms of Service and Rules
DisclaimerThis forum is designed to be a space for discussion of all things 300ZX. Within this scope largely lies the possibility that technical information may appear on the board or elsewhere on the site. If you are going to take the advice of anyone or any information from this website, you should take note that these are personal opinions expressed merely by other Z owners and that anything they tell you may be potentially wrong and may result in you wasting your money, time, or damaging your car.
No one on this site or those responsible for its operation is to be held liable for any information that appears on it. The responsibility to decide whether you shall take another's advice is entirely yours. It is up to you to use this information however you please, but should you act on this information its source is not to be held responsible.
This forum is a community of like minded individuals who have a passion for sharing experience and knowledge concerning the Nissan Z32 300ZX. When you register to participate in the Australian 300zx Community Forum you agree to terms and conditions that include this: "by participating in this forum, you give us a worldwide, non revocable, perpetual, royalty-free license to copy your submitted statements in any medium and for any purpose. Rights to all content is passed to the forum"
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of someones personal privacy, adult material. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum or its staff. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
Any opinions expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster and do not necessarily represent those of the forum administration.
Posting Guidelines & EtiquetteMuch of the following is just common sense and regular polite netiquette, please use your head and don't get into flame wars or the like.
- Please keep all material PG rated or better (no naked women, obscene images or language) as some people read the forum at work and everyone has different views on what is and what is not appropriate. This includes signatures. Posts which contain non PG content MUST have this indicated obviously in the post title, and should only appear in the Non Z Related (NZR) forum. Anything R or X rated will not be tolerated, and in the very least will be deleted. Members may be disciplined via the Infraction system, see below.
Youtube Tagging rules (linking to Youtube videos) are to follow the same principals as the rules for image posting. Penalties will also be the same for abuse of the feature, and the feature may be disabled if it is abused.
- No insults to individuals or groups (e.g. police, workshops, etc), keep criticism constructive rather than abusive.
- Please do not degenerate into flame wars or arguments that are not constructive. If an argument ensues simply ignore it, replying only continues it further.
- Please do not use the forum (a public place) for arguments or issues which are better left private.
- The Z Related (Technical) section is for 300ZX technical discussion only. Threads in Z Related (Technical) should only be started with technical questions or technical statements about the 300ZX General conversation and non technical threads will not be allowed in this section and will be moved to the new Z Related (Non Technical) section, or Non Zed related. Topics within Z related (Technical) will be monitored, and posts that do not contribute to the topic will be removed.
- The Z Related (Non Technical) section is for all other discussion about the 300ZX that is not technical in nature, eg styling, colour, etc. Note it still must relate directly to the 300ZX. No general off topic discussion is allowed in this section.
- The NZR (Non Z Related forum) is for discussion non Z issues and subjects, it is not for discussion of political or religious issues which will inevitably lead to flame wars even if the original post is innocent. Quite frankly there are many other places if you want to discuss such issues and the purpose of this particular forum is not for that. The NZR forum is provided for this community to have light hearted off topic chat / discussion.
You are not allowed to provide links to web pages that contain pornography or other similarly or distasteful topics. Remember that above all, this is a community, and we have a high standard to uphold compared to other car forums on the Internet.
If you must indulge yourselves in areas that some people will find offensive, save that for email, IM or PM.
- Images should be resized to no larger than 800x600 with appropriate jpeg compression. Signatures should be no bigger than 60kb
- Images posted in threads should NOT be quoted in general replies except when necessary, i.e: quoting of a specific picture from multiple choices to clarify a point is acceptable.
With 5 forum moderators and the Report Bad Post function a post disregarding any of these guidelines will probably be deleted pretty quickly and will not do you any favours in terms of other member's opinions of you. Frequent disregard of these guidelines will incur infractions and possibly lead to you being banned from the site.... this is a great forum with great people and we intend to keep it this way.
Members that have been banned may not create additional accounts to circumvent the ban it will only extend the original ban time.
Member a/c's> Members may have one registered account (or presence) on the Forum. The nickname by which you are known forms this account. > Choose your nickname wisely. Name changes will not be allowed for frivolous reasons. Any member wanting to request a name change must contact moderator MagicMike. > Duplicate accounts are NOT permitted. In a family situation it is quite acceptable for a husband/wife/son/daughter to each have an individual account, provided that each account is used exclusively by the bone fide user. > Use of another persons account OR creation of a personal (duplicate) account may see those accounts disabled, merged or deleted altogether.
Custom User TitlesMembers may choose a Custom User Title in User CP/Edit Profile. The title selected must conform to the following guidelines or this privilege may be withdrawn without notice or recourse:
1. Keep it clean - no swear words or reference to race/religion etc. 2. Keep it brief - not to run over one line 3. Be unique - do not use existing Member nicknames
SignaturesMembers may create a personal signature (sig) for their profile assuming the following conditions:
Sig must not contravene any of the regular guidelines for posting. No advertising, via LINKS or otherwise, within the sig, EXCEPT as below: >>A personal ad by a Member offering zed-related goods or services may be permitted provided any graphic, text, or LINK is wholly contained within the 750pixel x 200pixel sig block. 3rd party ads and LINKs to businesses are not permitted in order to maintain a non-commercial status. >>Alternately, one (1) LINK to a Member's Garage or personal website is also acceptable.
Sig's in contravention of guidelines may be DELETED or EDITED by Moderator(s).