Z32 boost leak testers

Discussion in 'Technical' started by loud'n'proud, Nov 13, 2013.

  1. loud'n'proud

    loud'n'proud Challenge Accepted

    Who has some where to buy them or what have people used to make them to suit afm hole...

    annndddd go...

    lol... hole
  2. Z32 TT

    Z32 TT Active Member

    concept zed performance. or a "mizone" bottle end will do it.
  3. loud'n'proud

    loud'n'proud Challenge Accepted

    I had one but it was leant out and like most tools never returned *coughjinxedcough*
  4. stumagoo

    stumagoo Active Member

    A round piece of 12mm MDF with a hole drilled through it and a rubber valvestem etc jammed through is what I use
  5. ABZ300

    ABZ300 G

    There is a mob on TT.net that custom makes it for the zed & sells them on their classifieds section

  6. frysie

    frysie FRYTECH

    mizone water bottle... check tech section its there. the only other thing you need is some tape and a valve stem from a tyre
  7. Jinxed

    Jinxed Moderator

    i dont think i have that josh.......
  8. grantd

    grantd Member

    I did the same as others above, I took vernies into the servo to measure bottles, 80mm is what you need, valve stem from an auto shop & some thread tape for a tight seal.
  9. rob260

    rob260 Administrator Staff Member

    Or 80mm downpipe (with a cap) if you can find offcuts
  10. loud'n'proud

    loud'n'proud Challenge Accepted

    thats what i was doing but couldnt find anything at bunnings to suit... nothing in the whole piping dept... was very surprised.

    jinxed.... why.. why you always lie!!!! lol was years ago at some tech day, was a mint ally piece
  11. rob260

    rob260 Administrator Staff Member

    Heaps at my bunnings but the cheap $7/metre "80mm" pipe is actually 83mm OD and the stuff that is a true 80mm OD is only available in $30 lengths....

    TWIN TERROR Well-Known Member

    Large Vegemite lid with electrical tape around the outside of it a couple of times to slip inside the intake hose and a valve stem thru the centre works a treat.
  13. SuperZ

    SuperZ Resident Z lunatic

    I found using a spare tyre tube cutout into a square/circle with the valve in the centre.

    I then just use an intake adapter and sandwich it in with the valve on the outside.

    Its a really good way to do it, because the tube expands as the pressure builds, so you can get an extra amount of pressure reserve (in the expansion area) to give you time to look for leaks as well as eliminating any sudden shocks of air pressure with the tube expanding. It also helps prevent to much pressure going in at once as you can see/feel the expansion to give you a better idea and not just read the pressure meter as sometimes they can fail or be a bit dodgy. It also gives you something sturdy that you can lock the hose off onto the valve for hands free if your hose has a valve lock.

    You could always use some other method than squeezing it in between an adapter plate as some have already mentioned here, if you dont like doing up four bolts (I used bolts with wings to make it quicker) but something with quick fit clamps would be great.

    It works well for me anyway and I reckon it is better than the professional models you buy!

Share This Page