Discussion in 'Non Technical' started by Jason ttz32, Sep 25, 2021.
Sorry, i should have linked it as ive done previously. It appears to have finished.
Here are some more rare parts / optional part photos I have stored on my harddrive for days like this;
- Optional automatic folding mirror system control box and wiring loom
When installed the side mirrors will automatically fold in when the car is switched off and fold out when the car is switched on. Only came on the 99-00 models.
I have one of these fitted but not hooked up as I havent gotten around to slicing in all of the wiring to the cars electrical system yet.
- Optional Sony CD Stacker kit from the early models i believe and the control switch goes in the center console
- Mirror Coat Targa Tops, very rare option only available to Japan metro based 1994 2+2 models. I almost brought a set of these years ago but Jesse Streeter talked me out of it as he said with glass parts like these it would be risking shipping them over and becuase they were very expensive to buy I decided not to go ahead with the purchase. Wish I had though.
- The optional Fairlady Z seat covers from the 89 optional brochure which I saw just recently for sale on yahoo auctions. I was actually going to bid on these at 3000 yen so if i did win them I would store then away for preservation purposes because I think they look terrible and I would never put them on my Z ever. Still I thought they were actual seat skin replaces but no they are just covers. They sold within a day of being up on yahoo auctions at 12,000 yen buy now price.
- USDM foot lamps, I have a set of these and I intend to install these during the rebuild project.
- Optional 99spec BBS 16" wheels which are discontinued and I think a set recently sold on yahoo auctions for 80,000 yen or so. not my cup of tea but rare none the less.
- I believe these are door collsion supports, found on all convertible models and were standard on all 99-00 spec models.
- Optional Kenwood CD player which has a cool 90's visual effect on the players display. Came on 97+ models and I acutally have one of these and I might be putting it up for sale soon.
- Another optional stereo / CD player.
- Now this is a rare part indeed, it goes on the top part of the rear hatch window and at first I thought it was an illuminated panel but after looking at the photos i see it doesnt have any wiring coming off it. in these photos this panel suits a 2+0 model with a 2+2 version also being available. Unfortunately all now discontinued from nissan.
if i find any more ill post them up here.
Thanks for sharing AdamZX some good pics there, also saw some of these come up on the Auction site too! Do you know of any of the QZ-6500n's for sale? Ive been trying to track down one myself.
My pleasure mintz32, unfortunately no i have only seen ones for sell in russia and they are listed as being out of a subaru and those could be old listings as well. A member on here last year messaged me saying he scored one from japan but the unit didnt come with a full wiring kit to connect it.
However if your interested i do have a 2 more optional tv screen units i will be putting up for sell soon, they dont have all of the features on the qz6500 unit your looking for but may be still capable of doing the most of the same things. Hard to explain. One is a used item and the other is a brand new still in its original box and comes with everything.
If your interested send me a pm and we can discuss prices and photos
Recent Yahoo Auctions scoop, a Tomei 320km/h speedo
This is a little pick up on YAJ a brand new and unopened in the original cellophane wrapping factory cassette tape for the Japanese market. I don't even have the means to play it in my Z32 and that's how it will stay. But thats fine! They're only brand new and unopened once!
What's recorded on the cassette anyway?
Have a few of these but not wrapped!
One of my contacts in Canada actually recorded his one and posted it on YouTube. I believe it's a kind of "Welcome to your new Fairlady Z" type of things and gives a bit of background on the various features etc of the car.
Awesome I have a JDM service manual and warranty card book also. Is that the optional Leather case for them underneath it all?
No transcript for the tape? Sure it's most probably stating what we already know about the car, but still.
Yes, optional leather folder, service book, dealership card, maintenance parts book (matches month and year of my Z) Also have (not pictured) catologues with optional part lists and vechicle price list. Aswell as maintenance/workshop manual/ diagrams etc.
Well, there's nothing quite like capturing the fervour and resplendent 1990's spoken enthusiasm in the moment on the highest quality cassette tape technology of the time. This in essence cannot be portrayed in a simple transcript
naVan shift knob NIB
Separate names with a comma.