Need electronics help

Discussion in 'Non Technical' started by Blipman, Aug 29, 2006.

  1. Blipman

    Blipman Beer hooves totally work

    I have an 8" touchscreen I'm installing into a car and the connector is in the wrong place and so it doesn't fit. I need the connector to be at a 90 degree angle to what it is now so that it comes out the back of the screen rather than the side.

    I think this will mean either bending the metal rails that go to the connector or cutting them and resoldering (and there's very little room), can anyone suggest an electronics shop I can get to do this? I haven't got the guts to try it myself.



    I've cunningly managed to not photograph well the metal rails that need to be bent :)

  2. BlueZ

    BlueZ Oldie but a goodie

    TV repairer or instrument fitter

    There's a few electronics people on the forum but at a pinch you could check out your local TV repairer.
    Instrument fitters are lso pretty handy with that sort of stuff.
    See Ya,

  3. Hyper101

    Hyper101 Well-Known Member

    What sort of plug is it ? Standard VGA ? or some other type ? Its a bit blurry i cant make out the pinouts
  4. Blipman

    Blipman Beer hooves totally work

    I'd say it's custom, it's got VGA, USB, 3x RCA video going into it, I don't think I'll be able to find an elbow or different cable.


Share This Page