Discussion in 'Member's Garage' started by Peter Black, Feb 11, 2011.
ok ive asked they are 2+0 .
VIS racing in the usa , but again they are all 2+0..
just on a side note peter, if you do get a replacement hatch in c/f or f/g , all (or at least most) of the weight you will removing will be over the rear axle of the zed.
this would certainly change the weight balance of the car making it more nose heavy, which in turn will affect handling / braking / traction negatively.
if the weight was removed from the front of the car great, from the back.....i dunno if its a good thing or not.....feel free to tell me im talking shit, but i dont think i am lol
It's definitely something to be mindful of.
Hopefully plenty of weight will be coming off the front to balance it out and worst case scenario I can add a bit of weight to the back and keep it really low down near the diff, the weight in the hatch is pretty high up.
As I said, not a high priority unless I'm making it myself as a learning exercise.
No No your on the money 100%
So, an update!
Thanks to Tassuperkart I've got an Adaptronic 440 ECU with an internal MAP sensor, a 2m blank loom and a wideband sensor.
Time to get back to actually doing stuff again!
my old engine has been sitting there for ages waiting to be fired up in your race car!
Yeah, I know, other than the spark plugs enging up in my other Zed today very little has happened to that engine since it arrived. The whole thing has been a bit stalled for a while but stuff should start getting done again now which is good.
See you soon?
Yep, looking forward to it!
Next weekend still on?
Indeed, I'll PM you some details.
Been too long between updates Pete. Time to pull the finger out and get into it, and while I don't have a heap of time to spare on weekends if you need some help and I'm not busy I'll definately head up. I'm sure Jen would love a chance to catch up with your better half.
Adaptronic 440, start of a loom and a wideband sensor and guage as well as the usual stickers and a nice bottle opener/keyring.
Excuse the terrible pictures, I've been photographing things properly all week and can't be bothered with anything more than an automatic point and shoot camera now.
Actually got out in the shed and did something on this again this weekend!
We were planning on taking the calipers off and giving them a freshen up with some rebuild kits I got from CZP but we sort of got distracted along the way. After removing the dust guards on the front wheels we thought we should do the back ones too and remove them properly rather than just hacking the protruding bits off with a grinder like a chump. Turns out it's way harder than the service manual makes it seem. After getting the whole hub and handbrake contraption off the axle spline and separated from all the control arms it proved to be rather more complex to get it apart to remove the dust guard than we'd counted on so in the end we had to put it all back together again except now with very bend dust guards so I'll have to hack them off with a grinder like a chump.
Ended up spending the whole afternoon to effectively do nothing more than remove 4 brake calipers and a couple of brake lines from the engine bay, was good to get back in the shed though.
Was thinking about this build not long ago, keen for more updates!
It's mostly been boring stuff for a while, saving up and buying stuff, there should be significantly more action in the next few months hough.
Stuff has been done again!
No pictures at the moment though but the engine and gearbox are re-fitted with solid mounts. Still takes a fair bit of adjusting to get it in place even with almost everything gone from the engine bay and no headers on the engine. Had to lower the front cross member to get it in still. If/when I get around to modifying the upper radiator support to bolt in and out it should make life much easier though.
The gearbox mount was pretty fiddly and tedious to get in too, especially having stupid imperial allen key fittings.
Almost in a state now where it can be put on a trailer and go off to get caged, wired and an exhaust made up.
Separate names with a comma.