Had a go at repairing the altia panel today. Started out well with a new EL panel and some high temp polymide tape. Unfortunately though I was getting some light bleeding through with power on. Altia fit a blackout type film around the logo as part of the assembly and unfortunately it looks like some of this has been damaged when removing the hold EL panel and foam backing. Probably shouldn't come as a huge surprise given the age etc. I didn't want to try repairing with paint as I don't think it (paint) would stick too well to the existing film. Instead I've ordered some blackout adhesive film from ebay so hopefully back into it next weekend.